Vessel Operator at Navi Merchants A/S
Are you looking for a company operating in a niche market offering you lots of responsibility?
With our continued growth, we are strengthening our Operations Team and we are looking for a driven, adaptable, and curious person to become an important part of our team and help us to us maintain our forward momentum.
Over the years we have built strong working relationships with the main owners and operators of all vessel sizes, with a strong focus in the coaster to handy size segment. Today, we have a team of dedicated professionals in Copenhagen, Hamburg and Barcelona supporting clients internally as well as externally. Our focus is mainly on biomass and grain with approx. 600 vessels fixed every year.
Additionally, we operate a small albeit fast growing fleet of coasters and handy size vessels traded in the open market with significant focus on the Baltic / European market and the clients operating in this region.
About the job:
Upon joining the Operations Team, you will become part of our day-to-day activities and get the opportunity to have a direct influence on how the company continues its strong, consistent growth.
The Operations Team is expected to focus on retain- and improve the profit generated by the trading activities of our Commercial Team.
Your role will include some of the following responsibilities:
- Day to day operation of the allocated vessels
- Optimize the voyage for the best result
- Ensure close personal contact with Master, Owner, Agents, and other related stakeholders
- Manage all financial aspects of the voyage all the way to voyage closing
- Provide operational insight to the Commercial Team to improve future fixtures
- Partake in projects to increase the Operational / Commercial capacity of Navi Merchants
However, it is important to stress that the scope of your work and focus may change in accordance with your skills, personality, interests, and market dynamics.
The position will be based in our Hamburg office.
We expect you to have at least three years of experience in the shipping industry in an equivalent position with a solid end-to-end understanding of the business, providing you the ability to become a valuable asset to the team. We expect you to possess and excel in the following abilities:
- Full English proficiency both written and spoken. Danish and German proficiency is not a requirement but a plus
- Curious, self-driven and ambitious with a genuine interest to understand the whole value chain
- Able to work within very narrow deadlines and with multiple areas of interest, without losing focus
- Team player but with the discipline to work alone
- Preferred knowledge of and experience in working with:
- VIP / IMOS Freight Management System
- reMARK Shared Mailbox Application
- Microsoft Office Application
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to create, maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders
Navi Merchants A/S
Navi Merchants is a subsidiary of the Copenhagen Merchants Group, acting as the freight provider for both internal and external clients.
Copenhagen Merchants helps advance global trade day in and day out. As an independent commodity trading, brokerage and logistics house, we are in the centre of the global physical commodity market ensuring efficient, reliable and turnkey solutions to our clients.
Founded in 1977, Copenhagen Merchants has served a key role in developing the international trade of grain brokerage, while also acting as the world’s biggest biomass trader. Creating a stronger and synergetic position in the global trade of commodities, Copenhagen Merchants is also investing actively in infrastructure related to enhancing port and terminal operations in the Baltic region and U.S.A.
Copenhagen Merchants is headquartered in Denmark with and has a global team counting around 400 employees involved with activities in Europe, Northern America, and Asia.
Please apply by sending your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are evaluated continuously, and interviews will take place as soon as possible.